Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today Counts

I'm humbled by the number of people who want to know what I'm up to each day. I graduated this week, and that's an important step in my journey. I promised to update everyone who subscribed to my newsletter with big things like that, so I just sent out my May newsletter reflecting on that. However, here is where I promised to put the little things that impact who I am and what is going on in my in relationship to my journey in Germany.

Well, I'm more than two months away from being overseas, so what kinds of things will be here for that time period? Here's what's running through my head right now: I'm two months away from moving to Germany, and I'm still able to think about things other than Germany. Shouldn't I be consumed with planning things and fundraising and stressing out? I'm oddly at peace, and my strongest desire is to have a Frosty and french fries with Grace before I go.

Qdoba with Rachel and Starbucks with Sam were highlights of a weekend, and I'm realizing what a blessing it is that the relationships I have are the focus of my attention rather than the paperwork and plans.

After explaining to one of my students the purpose behind my decision to move, she told me that she hoped to make a similar decision someday. She was struck by the fact that I was moving overseas to demonstrate what being sold out for Jesus looks like, and I was struck by the fact that she thought she had to wait to live that way. I have two months left in the States, and I'm going to make every day count.

Tomorrow I have a coffee date, lunch plans, and a movie night with friends - each of those interactions count.

No comments:

Post a Comment