Saturday, November 23, 2013

Annual Checkup

A year ago this month I had a couple very rough conversations that led to this long confession about why I needed to move overseas.

I concluded my confession by admitting that I didn't know where I'd be a year from that point, but my intention was to be closer to Jesus. I stand here a year in the future thankful to say that I'm closer to my Savior than I was then; this past year has been an incredible journey as I've made my way to Germany and begun my first year teaching. I've still got a ways to go though. I never want to be satisfied with where I am in my relationship with Jesus, so I celebrate the chapters that have been written so far while continuing to write with the Author and Perfecter of my faith.

I'm so excited that this next year of my journey will be in Germany. I've got an amazing adventure ahead of me, and I love the people God's placed in my life to adventure with me. Some of them are here with me taking crazy pictures in French parking garages, and others are mourning the loss of the magnificent nature of our one time home in the Pacific Northwest. However God's put you in my life, I'm thankful for it, and I'm thankful you're sharing this journey with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment